help with danfoss ravi cylinder controller.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a faulty danfoss Ravi to replace which has a cable attached with a 4 pin plug.

I have not removed the junction box this cable goes into as I assumed it was similar to a 2 port valve with a feed going back to boiler.

Looking on the net for a replacement the Ravi now has no cable attached!
So was wondering if someone knew if the old original cable was purely for operation of the valve or did it have an extra cable controlling the boiler?

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/danfoss-...inder-valve-for-pumped-primaries-p-54107.html

I would check the cable myself but the friend its for is now on holiday.

Thanks in advance
Si.

Sponsored Links
The only RAVI's I have seen are direct acting valves similar to TRV's with remote sensors, nothing electrical at all. Suggest you wait till you can get a proper look at it.

OK thanks.
Here are some pic's of the top which had broken off the valve body.
The body looks very similar to the new one.

IMG_20131020_122732.jpg

IMG_20131020_122747.jpg

I seem to come across all the non standard stuff!! How about this for the mother in laws toilet flush :)

IMG_20130716_122349.jpg

IMG_20130716_122316.jpg

A standard flush unit would not work as you needed the vacuum created by flushing, from the central pipe to give a good flush.

Si

:rolleyes: Syphonic WC bowl? As with everything else you need the correct parts to fix things.

Sponsored Links
Perfect thanks.
What would you suggest for a replacement?

The switch base where it attaches to the valve body has broken and the valve appears seized partially shut, so new is needed.

Would I be able to replace with s plan zone valve and use the micro switch wiring ? as not sure where the wiring center is.

A quick update for anyone interested :)

As the micro switch is no longer available I decided to replace it with a 2 port valve and cylinder stat....a much cheaper option!

When opening the junction box I found a spare wire in one of the cables feeding the boiler/pump which was next to the programmer downstairs, so should have been a simple job to wire with existing cables.

I fitted the 2 port then got the owner to fire up the heating and I double checked I had the live and switched live as expected....which I did.

So off with power and connected up the new 2 port "s" plan.

Now the fun part went downstairs put the power on just to check the original heating was still all working OK, before connecting up the hot water switched live from the programmer .....and no heating? No fuses or trips gone, just no permanent live anymore! Still had switched live.
Checked all wires, all seemed fine, just no live?

After a bit of head scratching, and trying to trace the live wire back To main isolator I found it was connected to the hot water "on" of the programmer!!!
Unknown to me the owner was switching on both heating AND hot water when I checked the wires first thing.
He then said it never worked right since he replaced the original :oops:

A quick change of wires and all was fine.

Si.

:rolleyes: Syphonic WC bowl? As with everything else you need the correct parts to fix things.

Spot on ;) first time Google let me down!! Most things you can find on the net, if not some nice chap on here will sort it :mrgreen:
Cheers
Si.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back