Help with evergreen shrubs ?

M

Moz

I have been gardening all day , an I cleared an area of about 2m x 5m, the bed is raised by 1' in a good clay/soil mix , middle range alkie/acid/ test ,
Im after some good low level evergreen ground cover shrubs , btw the garden is north facing , sun in afternoon only .....thanks for any replies :)

Sponsored Links
moz have a look on www.rhs.org.uk
they have a plant selector on there. you can put in all sorts of variables ie north facing, size of plants etc etc and it will give you a good list of plants and info.

Advice I got was for Periwinkle, which can be a bit invasive but cut back (so I'm told!)

I've planted it and it has a nice waxy green leaf and apparantly a small blue flower......it may (or may not!) suit your purposes.

Sponsored Links
I think Mahonia Aquifolium is a good low growing shrub. It is evergreen, the new growth is a lovely shade of green. It bears yellow flowers in the spring, and leaves turn red in the autumn. It spreads but not too invasive.

I also find that it is an excellent plant for tubs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back