Help with existing planning application please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I submitted outline plans for 4 houses on my land that is currently used for horses, I have 3 acres and gave submitted plans on just under half of the land. Now there is already houses being built in line with our land with the closest being 25meters away

We have withdrawn our plans for the moment as we have been told by one of the planning officers that they are not happy with the development being 25meters away from the other new houses meaning ours is stand alone, everything else is fine with highways etc. So my question is can it be refused on being stand alone? My architect is happy to keep taking more money from me for new drawings and I'm at a loss with what to do as already spent many thousands.

Sponsored Links
This seems much too vague to answer - but I'm sure someone will have a go.

The council will have a policy on 'infill development", refer to that.

If your scheme contravenes any infill policy, then you would need to argue that it is not infill when adjacent to a current development.

Thank you for your reply, I will try to explain a bit more, our land is behind our house, it's in a village along a main road with houses alone the main road, most of the houses have land behind with paddocks, the house 2 doors away and their next door neighbor have both got planning and building on their land, this land is in line with my paddocks, there is 25 meters from my neighbor 2 doors away to my land and only farmers fields the other side of my land. Would this be infill development?

Sponsored Links
When you say 'paddock', what are you proposing to build on - residential land, or agricultural that you or a previous owner have bought off a local farmer?

Definitely sounds like a job for a planning consultant. Given the apparent scale of the undertaking it will be money well spent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back