Help with exterior wall and window sill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone
My friend just called me today to help her with her exterior wall and window sill.....She has no knowledge of painting/decorating and wanted to refresh front of her house...She got rid of old, loose paint, cleaned and painted with Sandtex Smooth Masonry Paint....
Problem is, that all small holes and uneven surfaces are very visible
Doesnt look very nice to be honest and she asked me if I could fix it ......Here are some pics of her "work"
You will understand more after seeing them....
http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/adusadiusadi/slideshow/Exterior
White paint on window sill is where she used exterior polyfilla to cover cracks :O
I really want to help her, but with my knowledge Im afraid I wont help much, so here I am and kindly ask for advice....
Im not sure if walls needs new rendering?? second coat of paint ???or maybe textured paint will be just enough and help it looks better??
Dont know how to start with window sill she wants it to be white...but with current condition Im afraid it will look as bad as wall.... or even worse......
She said: It just need to "look nice" and be as cheap as possible :p , can be textured or smooth......

1. I came across "U-can Render Repair Mortar"..... maybe that will do the job hyh??.....then repaint everything??
2. Maybe textured exterior paint will help ?
3. Thick layer of same paint??
4. NO IDEA :/

ANY advice is much appreciated....
Thank You in advance
Adrian
(bow)

Sponsored Links
Textured Sandtex would make a huge difference I reckon, 2 coats.

Pollyfilla isn't ideal, if you can remove it and replace with Toupret exterior filler it will be a lit better, but its harder to sand back so try and not over fill.

Textured sills may look a little strange, so could try smooth first once the filling and sanding is done?

Thanks for Your reply (bow).....
Ill try textured sandex then and fingers crossed it will help me :)
Think I might postopne my work for another day as is raining all day here :/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back