help with floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to find help on what can I do , home is a 1930s semi,
the dimensions of the broken floorboard is 121mm x 21mm approx. , issue is as see on the local online shops they don't have this kind, to be more precise the floorboards that are on my house -at least at the living room- are not tongue and groove -but for a weird reason upstairs -at the bedrooms- they are tongue and groove! (what kind of anomaly is this?)

The only -close to those dimensions- are 21mm x 137mm (way wide) , or 18mm x 119mm (bit narrow) , I am not sure if they measure the tongues too. On the top there is carpet, so maybe the thickness will not be noticeable - thankfully its only a board that needs to be replaced.

any tips? thanks in advance !

(sorry for the quality of the pics)

P1140755.JPG P1140752.JPG

Sponsored Links
A decent timber merchant will be able to machine them to the exact dimensions you need. They can deal with both dimensions using a planer/thicknesser and table saw.

Off the top of my head, their labour will add about a fiver to the cost and save you loads of hassle.

Thanks I will try ti find one locally then.

The likes of Travis Perkins won't be able to do it but it shouldn't be difficult to find a local supplier that machine the timber for you.

Here in west london I would use W Hanson

http://www.w-hanson.co.uk/

When searching. add terms such as "timber mill" to narrow things down.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the tip, anyway a friend who knows a bit better DIY suggested me something from the local wickes - looks similar to what I need
but I am not sure if can be used as floorboard : "Wickes Redwood PSE Timber , 20.5mm x 119mm" - I missed it as I was looking for the flooring and they only sell tongue and groove type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back