Help With Garage Conversion

Town council haven't objected today so it's just the district council to rule and this can be put to bed.

Sponsored Links
Had a visit from a planning officer last week to take some more photos as the exterior is now mostly complete compared to the time of the complaint.

Earlier this week had an email from planning questioning why I need the window and what I intended to install, sent them pictures of the obscured wide but narrow in height window I intend to fit.

Today planning passed my retrospective application dismissing all the neighbours objections, only condition attached is that the window will always have to be a grade 3 rated obscure glass but that suits me fine, be interesting to see how the neighbours are going forwards especially when it comes to installing the window as it'll be a crap finish if I have to do it from the flat roof/through the opening.

Interestingly the council decided the 100mm height increase that started all of this would have zero effect on loss of light as stated in their complaint.

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back