Help with Garage electrics

Personally I would just do the work if you are confident, then get your mate's, mate to inspect it to make sure its up to scratch, I wouldn't expect him to put his name to the work in some form of completion certificate however.

Lets be honest here, you are not required to have any kind of electrical certificate done in order to sell your house, currently, and even if the building regs stazi were to come and look at your installation they would have a hard job proving that you installed it.

Just do your reasearch, use some common sense and at least get someone who does know to double check what your have done. The fact you are wanting to use IP related gear suggests over engineering as opposed to going out to B&Q and buying a roll of speaker wire and using a couple of 1960's bakelite sockets you bought at the local car boot sale.

Sponsored Links
DAMN and i thought the Bakelite fittings i got would look "Retro" too !!!!
lol

Just to confirm to all,

The existing SWA from the house to the garage is fine and staying. I will only be renewing the lot from the new Garage C/U onwards.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back