Help with garden room dpc and floor level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new to this forum so please be kind.

I currently have planning permission for a garden room in the back of my garden measuring externally 6m x 7m. I am looking to do most of the work myself, even tho I'm a fairly confident and good all round do it yourselfer I just have a couple of questions.

Basically I'm planning to dig footings 600mm wide and approx 800mm -1m deep depending on the soil, above dpc it will be 100mm block 100mm cavity and 100mm block inside wall on the plans were doing engineering bricks on the outside to dpc hight which needs to be a minimum of 150mm above ground level.

My question is because I'm doing a concrete slab floor, which will be made up of 150mm hardcore 50mm sand binding 100mm celotex and 100mm concrete my dpc will be 400mm above ground level approx 5-6 engineering blocks, this will keep the external wall dpc level with the floor and the internal dpc does this sound correct or is there a better way of doing this?? Overall I will have a 400mm high set of steps to get into the building...

Kind regards adam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back