Help with Gas not flowing ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this question, apologies if it’s not.

As you can see I have a device that allows two gas bottles to be attached (one feeding at a time using that little black knob to select.

I replaced both canisters at the weekend and then no flow at all...

Now, I did a little test, I removed the valve device from the wall from the feed to the hob, I have attached just one canister and turned it on, it has taken the pressure and the yellow tap is turned to on, but there is no gas coming out of the bottom ... should I expect gas to come out of here or does it require a certain amount of back pressure to allow it open?

Under the yellow shut of valve you can see what looks like a bleed screw, unfortunately before I could turn this it came off in my hands...

My thinking is I may need to use this to bleed the pressure into the system before it will work ... with this broken, I assume it’s a new system????

Thanks, rich

Sponsored Links
Your regulator has an underpressure cut off fitted.

If you have damaged the "bleed screw" ( test nipple) then I would advice you to get a LPG registered engineer to change it and carry our appropriate gas safety tests for you

Your regulator has an underpressure cut off fitted.

If you have damaged the "bleed screw" ( test nipple) then I would advice you to get a LPG registered engineer to change it and carry our appropriate gas safety tests for you

Thanks Gremlin ...

I managed to get another bleed nipple and secured it in place, although from what I can see this is below the cut off valve, and I can't see how this will bleed anything into the system (I can see how it will now bleed from any pressure in the pipes to the hob)

How can I presurise the system ??? I can't see how to do that now ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back