Unvented central heating losing pressure only in winter

Update : So, I got gas engineer to check the pressure of the expansion vessel.
He checked and confirmed pressure of the expansion vessel is fine and put fernox leak sealer.

But still today the pressure went down close to zero when system was cold and no usage around 3pm

however when i start heating or hot water with out topping up, the pressure goes to 1 bar without topping up.
is still this a problem? is the water leaking?

when pressure automatically goes to 1 bar without topping up during hot water or heating running.

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
Update : So, I got gas engineer to check the pressure of the expansion vessel.
He checked and confirmed pressure of the expansion vessel is fine and put fernox leak sealer.

But still today the pressure went down close to zero when system was cold and no usage around 3pm

You still have an issue, your 'engineer' has failed to properly investigate it and resolve it.

What is the issue please ?
Is the water leaking somewhere?
Or is it ab issue with pressure expansion vessel?

Sponsored Links
As already mentioned your pressure relief/temp valve from your cylinder is not connected correctly,(photo one) it should go to a tundish then be piped outside to a drain .Yours looks like it goes back into your heating system.
1699396973646.png

Thank you Everyone.
I have attached my picture of my cylinder temp&pressure relief value connected to tundish.
Sir, Please can you have a look at the picture and let me know if this still not correct I will get a gas engineer to look at it.

Attachments

• 387D987E-7EB2-4069-975C-9F89F2D6FF25.jpeg
    387D987E-7EB2-4069-975C-9F89F2D6FF25.jpeg
    442.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Another clear picture attached

Attachments

• AC127D58-0459-44E1-ADE6-972AAFEB727F.jpeg
    AC127D58-0459-44E1-ADE6-972AAFEB727F.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 18
So water could be escaping somewhere under the floor (tiles) because I have been having this low pressure problem for one year especially during winter:
Should I then get leak detect engineer to detect leak under floor ?
Do they trace the leak with central heating pipe?

Can you advise

When the unvented hot water mega system is ideal/cold, the pressure goes to zero on gauge at the unvented system.
but when i start the central heating with out topping up, the pressure automatically goes to 1 bar.
is this normal or any issues? i wonder how pressure goes to 1 bar with out topping up.

When the unvented hot water mega system is ideal/cold, the pressure goes to zero on gauge at the unvented system.
but when i start the central heating with out topping up, the pressure automatically goes to 1 bar.
is this normal or any issues? i wonder how pressure goes to 1 bar with out topping up.

Warm/hot water, occupies a larger volume, than cold water.

is this an issue? do i need to get leak detection to look into ?

========

do i need to get leak detection to look into ?

You need to get someone who knows and understands how such basic things work, to investigate it, rather than asking endless questions here - when you do not comprehend the answers you are given.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back