I have attached the wiring diagram

Attachments

• Doc 20 Dec 2019, 19:06.pdf
    372.5 KB · Views: 291
  • Doc 20 Dec 2019, 19:07.pdf
    531.2 KB · Views: 272
Sponsored Links
Hello,

I take it your Atag is a combi? If so L N from 230v controller to L N on Hive, and sw live to NO on Hive. Be careful opening up a combi, as some require you to carry out functional checks on the boiler afterwards.

terminals 4&5 at X3 on the boiler to 1&3 at the hive (doesnt matter which way round), and L to L and N to N, that is the wiring for 240v switching , remember when you turn the power back on to the boiler it will not come on for 7 minutes and will keep showing a code think is C1 05 , this happens every time the power is turned off or the system pressure drops, you just have to wait till it runs through all its tests before the boiler will come on, it is just how it works you havent done anything wrong

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
terminals 4&5 at X3 on the boiler to 1&3 at the hive (doesnt matter which way round),

Does the OP have a single channel or dual channel hive ( he has ringed the dual channel version in his PDF ) ?

upload_2019-12-22_11-49-49.png

X3 4..5 to Hive 1..3 will not work

Sponsored Links
terminals 4&5 at X3 on the boiler to 1&3 at the hive (doesnt matter which way round), and L to L and N to N, that is the wiring for 240v switching , remember when you turn the power back on to the boiler it will not come on for 7 minutes and will keep showing a code think is C1 05 , this happens every time the power is turned off or the system pressure drops, you just have to wait till it runs through all its tests before the boiler will come on, it is just how it works you havent done anything wrong

Would this be the case though? OP has attached an image circling the dual channel hive

Does the OP have a single channel or dual channel hive ( he has ringed the dual channel version in his PDF ) ?

View attachment 179183

X3 4..5 to Hive 1..3 will not work
Correct never seen that was circled if he has the dual channel it is the wrong one and the wiring advice I gace will not work it is still useable with the dual channel and will be only one wire from 4 in the hive dual channel to either 4 or 5 at X3 on the atag one will work one wont he will just have to try it and see which one it is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back