Hive active heating help

May just ditch for nest then, I believe it is opentherm compatible and can be set up for zoned heating, really wanted to have a system that is compatible with the amazon echo as the house is now kitted out with echo automated tech
I think the Honeywell is echo compatible @Dan Robinson?

Sponsored Links
Then you'd be better off ditching the hive and going with a Honeywell lyric or Vokera's own besmart.
I'd await Vulcans advice though cos he knows more about open therm (specifically with Vokera's) than anyone else I know.

Bit generous with the praise thank you but yes the Linea One is OT, have one on BeSmart myself at home. Monitor system pressure etc from app, reset boiler.

No idea about echo.

If the original poster want to see besmart in operation pm me and I'll give him the temporary password to one in rigged up to demo by the company or a Linea One in my training room on which I leave the gas off so nobody can fire the boiler but to all other intents and purposes it's working.

Bit generous with the praise thank you but yes the Linea One is OT, have one on BeSmart myself at home. Monitor system pressure etc from app, reset boiler.

No idea about echo.

If the original poster want to see besmart in operation pm me and I'll give him the temporary password to one in rigged up to demo by the company or a Linea One in my training room on which I leave the gas off so nobody can fire the boiler but to all other intents and purposes it's working.
Appreciate the feedback, so bottom line I'm not gonna get the hive to work with this current system? I'll have a look into the thermastats Phill Peck has suggested

You can get hive to work by removing the OT.
The boiler will be able to accept 230v switching also.
However OT is far more advanced than on/off and if you have the option to use it then you should.

Hive is decent kit I had one until recently when I changed my boiler to one which is OT, I then changed to the Honeywell lyric.

Sponsored Links
You can get hive to work by removing the OT.
The boiler will be able to accept 230v switching also.
However OT is far more advanced than on/off and if you have the option to use it then you should.

Hive is decent kit I had one until recently when I changed my boiler to one which is OT, I then changed to the Honeywell lyric.
I'll have a look into it tomorrow, thanks for the help

Evohome is Echo compatible, although why you'd want to voice control Heating is beyond me (and we field tested the Voice controller).

Last edited:
I work for Vokera, we wouldn't support another brand OT control on the boiler officially but I'll help and be interested in how you get on.

Two things first on any OT control on the Linea One, open the boiler control box cover to see whether there's an unconnected ribbon cable, about 1/2" wide, this will be needed for OT, sometimes it's not included with the boiler. You'll also need a small interface board to control it OT. I can get you the part numbers Monday.

OT wires and the ribbon cable go into the interface board. That's it basically. Ribbon cables included in the box in which the board comes should be discarded.

If you have facebook look for the Vokera BeSMART group, there's an instruction sheet I wrote for the Linea One.

Evohome is Echo compatible, although any you'd want to voice control Heating is beyond me (and we field tested the Voice controller).
I cant see why you wouldn't want to, your not loosing anything compared with a traditional thermastat only gaining an extra feature which you can pick and choose when it's suitable to use it

Dan would the evohome be a direct replacement for my current honeywell st9520c? If so I'm assuming the EVO would work with my current wireless room stats which are the honeywell DT92E's

I cant see why you wouldn't want to, your not loosing anything compared with a traditional thermastat only gaining an extra feature which you can pick and choose when it's suitable to use it

Because regular interaction with heating controls is a terrible way to use the system. They should be programmed and left to operate under their own logic. Unless you live a crazily random schedule.

Dan would the evohome be a direct replacement for my current honeywell st9520c

No

the EVO would work with my current wireless room stats which are the honeywell DT92E's

Yes

Dan could you advise on how I would incorporate the EVO into my current system

20170407_083557.jpg
I work for Vokera, we wouldn't support another brand OT control on the boiler officially but I'll help and be interested in how you get on.

Two things first on any OT control on the Linea One, open the boiler control box cover to see whether there's an unconnected ribbon cable, about 1/2" wide, this will be needed for OT, sometimes it's not included with the boiler. You'll also need a small interface board to control it OT. I can get you the part numbers Monday.

OT wires and the ribbon cable go into the interface board. cables included in the box in which the board comes should be discarded.

If you have facebook look for the Vokera BeSMART group, there's an instruction sheet I wrote for the Linea One.

Evohome base unit can be a thermostat.

If you want two zones, you can use the DT92e's you have or just one with hte base unit as the other. You'll need two BDR91's to power open the zone valves (one comes with the Evohome unit) and the OT bridge to connect to the boiler.

Would take me an hour or two to install commission and test if I were doing it.

Because regular interaction with heating controls is a terrible way to use the system. They should be programmed and left to operate under their own logic. Unless you live a crazily random schedule.

I have it Dan and it does come in handy. How else can I look like a pretentious c0ck down the pub!?

Jon

Evohome base unit can be a thermostat.

If you want two zones, you can use the DT92e's you have or just one with hte base unit as the other. You'll need two BDR91's to power open the zone valves (one comes with the Evohome unit) and the OT bridge to connect to the boiler.

Would take me an hour or two to install commission and test if I were doing it.
Thanks Dan, excuse my ignorance on this but how but how does my current Sundial Pack connect to boiler with the OT?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back