Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently looking at installing a HIVE Active heating control unit to replace a Danfoss TP5.

I currently have a 3 core and earth cable running to the existing heating controls (battery powered unit)

I have attached my existing wiring diagram and the HIVE wiring diagram. Please also see how thermostat was wired.
DANFOSS TP5 WIRING.PNG EXISTING THERM.jpg HIVE SINGLE REC. WIRING.PNG
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Seb

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Seb, and welcome to the forum.

From the diagrams you have posted, you can see that the wires currently in the Danfoss terminals 1 (Common) and 3 (On) go to the terminals 1 and 3 at the Hive as they have exactly the same function.

As the Hive is not battery operated, you also need a 230V L & N to provide it with power. The brown unsleeved wire currently in the TP5 Com, will be a live so should also be linked to the Hive L, as well as the 'Common' terminal.

Now you need a neutral. The grey wire can be used for this, but you will need to check first and make sure that it is connected to a neutral at the other end. Once you have checked this it should be fitted with a blue sleeve to identify it as a neutral wire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back