Help with instructions on dismantling GRIFEMA G4008 mixer tap to ease the twist of outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I fitted a GRIFEMA G4008 mixer tap in kitchen approx 3 years ago. For some time it has been difficult to turn the outlet and the whole tap starts moving. I'd like to strip the fitting down so I can clean and re grease / PJ to free it up. I'm hoping for some help on how it will come apart to get at the bit needed.

I've removed a grub screw that allows the spout to be removed and I've attached a photo. But I don't know where to go from there. I don't believe removing the cartridge will be of any help.

I emailed manufacture but got no help :(

Thanks
20230220_121714.jpeg

Sponsored Links
1. You're right, removing the cartridge will make no difference.
2. Clean and re-lubricate the spout:
2.1 Wipe off all the existing grease and grime from the part illustrated and the corresponding female part of the spout.
2.2 If you can, remove the black rubber O rings, clean them and their grooves separately.
2.3 Smear the grooves with silicone grease.
2.4 Replace the O rings.
2.5 Smear the outsides of the O rings with silicone grease.
2.6 Reassemble.
2.7 Put plug in or otherwise block plug hole.
2.8 Reinsert grub screw to secure spout.

Hi old buffer, thanks for your reply. The photo / my description may not have been clear enough. The spout does not swivel on the nylon part you can see exposed. The grub screw fixes it to this part. The swivel is occurring with the nylon part in the bottom housing / mounting part. It is that bit that is tight. I need some way of removing the nylon bit from the bottom mounting but I'm not sure how. Cliff

Sponsored Links
1. Normally the grub screw doesn't fix anything, but rather acts as a stop to prevent the spout being pulled from the body of the tap.
2. If there is only one grub screw, I suspect the spout does in fact swivel on the nylon piece sticking out of the body and the nylon piece is screwed hard into the body.
3. If the above is not the case I'm afraid you've exhausted my knowledge!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back