Help with logic 30 Combi and hive wiring please

Sponsored Links
You should have the single version of the Hive with the connections as below:

Capture.JPG

From the BRD91 the wire in terminal (L) goes to Hive terminal (L) 'Permanent Live'

From the BRD91 the wire in terminal (N) goes to Hive terminal (N) 'Permanent Neutral'

From the BRD91 the wire in terminal (B) goes to Hive terminal (3) 'Heating On'

Insert the wire link between Hive terminals (L) 'Live' and (1) 'Common'

I should point out that whilst of course it will work, the incorrect cable has been used for this installation and an earth wire has been wrongly used as a live conductor. Also the cable at the boiler doesn't have its outer sheath under the cable clip, instead it is clamping the wires.

Thank you for your help :) , It was the earth (live) wire that was throwing me .

I wired everything up as the kind gentleman described , connected the hub and thermostat all lights saying they are working normally but the boiler won’t fire up to heat the rads , I’m getting hotwater ok :/ can anyone tell me we’re I have gone wrong ??

Sponsored Links
Post a photo of the wiring connections you have made to the Hive backplate and I will have a look.

Edit
What happens when you press the ‘central heating’ button on the receiver? Does the green light above it come on? Does the boiler come on?

Last edited:
I took the receiver face of again and I had not fully tightened the screw and the link wire into 1 ( com) had come loose, all wires now double checked and double tightened , switches power bk on and bingo All working fine thanks for your help stem it was much appreciated:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back