Help with Mira 723 mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone guide me through the next few steps for this Mira mixer shower. In the picture below I need to take out the `brass section` and then cap the water supply in order to repair it.

I have stripped the above as far back as in the picture below.
Would I be correct in assuming that I will need to remove the tiles either side to get access for removal?
From what I can see there are 3 pipe`joints` as indicated onto this unit, that would be 1 for hot 1 for cold and 1 going to the shower head. Would I undo these three `joints` and then cap all three so that the unit in the picture comes out as a single unit or do I dismantle a bit more before that stage?
thanks

2gu9zdx.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes it is the service kit I am going to get for the cartridge gravity feed. But just in case it doesnt repair then I need to know how to cap the water.
The problem with the shower is it wont turn off (I just blocked the end of the shower hose to stop the flow)
Also looking for confirmation that what I am intending to do is correct.

Do you reckon I should get the service kit and just turn water off, service with kit and then re assemble and back on?

Apologies if I sound niave but only ever done a couple of pipe connections for a radiator before.

thanks

There should be service valves somewhere easily accessible, maybe above shower if it's a loft?
Or maybe you can see the pipes above, or below, to fit valves for turning off the water. That would be a whole lot easier than trying to cut tiles back to disconnect valve.

Just noticed you mention gravity feed. Is there a valve on the supply at the cold storage cistern you could turn off (for the cold). There should be one but not always. :)

Sponsored Links
Denso13, Sorry if I didnt explain properly, I know where the valves are to switch off the water, I was just trying to cover my tracks in the event of screwing this up or coming across some other problem and I could then cap the flow to the shower and turn the mains back on.

juco12

Yes but there should be service valves to only turn off the shower then you can leave it turned off as long as you like.

I`ll have a look in the loft in case there is something up there, if not then at a loss where they could be. Mind you the house is 19 years old so maybe that was ok then.

Juco12

Look at the pipework coming from the valve if you can see it, it may tell you if the pipes go up or down. If they go in to the loft stick on a couple of isolating valves there and you can turn the shower off easily.

Had a look at the valve there is an elbow on both hot and cold and then they head skywards within the cavity wall so I will try and trace them up above.
thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back