MIRA 723 V. MIRA EXCEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would like to add a pump to my shower in the New Year. The shower is currently an old built in Mira 723 in perfect working order (new cartridge, and fittings).

I understand, I will need to change the cartridge if I get a pump fitted, had a flange fitted with the new hot water cylinder.

My question is would it be better in the long run to fit a new MIRA Excel, will I see a significant difference?

Not desperately keen to start ripping tiles off!

Regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
the 723 was designed for low pressure systems.

if you decide to change the cartridge these retail at approx £140.

Seco

Thank you for the observation on the cartridge, I know I can't avoid buying a high flow cartridge and this has prompted the question.

Do I just buy a new shower (Excel) and if I do will I see a significant difference that is worth the hassle of ripping the valve out of the wall?

Regards

Rob

you'll still need a pump if you want a more powerful shower.
the 723 was one of the best miras around at it's time and you can still buy all the up todate front dials etc so you can make yours look new again.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I bought a new old stock 723 built in valve (£20) and a new logic rail and head, so all good.

I had thought a Grundfos Niagara 1.5 bar for the pump.

Regards

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back