Mira 723 - won't turn on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

Shower (Mira 723) wouldn't turn off or change temperature so got the service pack and dismantled it. Replaced all seals and washers and fitted back together. This is within a ground floor flat so water tank is at same level as shower.

Water goes into the chamber but doesn't come out of the head..... Is there a chance there's an air lock in the system and how would I get it out?
Also the booster pump seems to be making more noise than it did before...... sounds like it's struggling to push anything through.

Any suggests greatfully recieved before I call out the service engineer - can't think of anything more I could try!

Andy.

Sponsored Links
yes - spent a day working it all out!! had that diagram to work to and the one within the service pack.

Can only suggest you have missed something, have you engaged the slots etc.

Sponsored Links
I took out all parts from 801.20 (body assembly) outwards.

Water comes out from both hot and cold supply inlets when there is no cartridge assembly in.

There only seems to be one way of fixing it all back together as the 'knotch' at the bottom lines everything up.

Thanks for your time & ideas by the way.

All the dials turn smoothly, when all back together.

I re-greased the piston and spindle - does it need water pressure to push it out or anything? Made sure that it goes through the holes - is there some sort of calibration required?

Maybe I could take the seals off and check water does just flow through the whole system - that would confirm problem with the piston & spindle.

when you replaced the cartridge and made sure the cartridge lined up with the slot ?

There is a cut out in the main cartridge body to ensure that it is in the correct location, there is also a cut out in the sleeve, when fitting the new cartridge or after fitting a seal kit, make sure that the cut out in the sleeve is in the mid position.

When refitting the rest of the valve try to make sure that the sleeve doesn’t move if you then fit the temperature control in the mid position the valve temperature should be roughly set when the water is turned on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back