Help with new boiler pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im having a worcester boiler fitter and the guy has done a lot of the pipework for the 22mm supply.

However the pipe from the meter is lead. If the lead pipe is to be replaced this would involve taking up all of the floor from the bedroom through to the landing and bathroom.

As the house has been re-decorated and carpeted I would do anything (within reason and safety) to avoid this.

Is there a way of connecting lead pipe from the meter to 22mm copper?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
i think i would replace the lead due to age and also check pipe run length as it has a bearing on the volume it can deliver to the boiler

As the house has been re-decorated and carpeted I would do anything (within reason and safety) to avoid this.

If the entire route is carpeted then think yourself lucky. It will be easy to remove the carpet and underlay to gain access via the floorboards, and once it goes back down, you'll never even be aware that the work had taken place. That is, assuming you choose your installer wisely!

Failing that, there may be an outdoor route available, but then you run the risk of copper theft.

Sponsored Links
best to have it changed as you may struggle to get the gas pressure you need at the new boiler and as already stated carpet is the easiest floor covering to take up and put down, i have done it many times and i ain't a carpet fitter i'm a gas engineer :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back