Help with plumbing waste design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've got to replace some of the plumbing waste pipes in my place as part of shower room/toilet refurb. I'd be really grateful if any of the plumbers on this forum could cast an eye over my design (see photo). Apart from the soil pipe all the pipes in the 'Shower room/toilet' area of the drawing are to be installed. All the pipes in the 'Kitchen area of the drawing are existing.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers.

P.S. I've edited the drawing a little and the original post. Also at present there is no trap for the dishwasher; the easiest thing for me to do is fit a HepvO valve/trap, again what do you think?

Sponsored Links
I would consider increasing the pipe under the floor to 50mm.

The series of bends, apparently buried in the wall and floor could turn into a maintenance nightmare. Consider how you would access the pipes to clear any blockages in the future.

1 degree of fall is less than ideal, 2.5 degrees would be better.

A 'space saver' trap under the kitchen sink may free up some cupboard space there, and provide a connection for your dishwasher
franke-lira-2-double-bowl-waste-kit-019105M.jpg

Hi TicklyT,

Thanks for the reply.

I've amended the design to show 50mm pipe for the section below the floor level and up to the 40mm branch to the kitchen and added a 50mm access port just before the 32mm branch to the toilet hand basin.

I've also added a hepVO trap for the dishwasher. Modding the pipes for the kitchen sink will not be easy so I'd sooner leave them alone if possible. I can increase the fall to at least 1.5 degs maybe even 2 degs but 2.5 in unlikely, I'll try though.

I've not got much in the way of 50mm waste pipe and what I do have was bought for bathroom mods. I do, however, have plenty/sufficient 110mm pipe plus fittings, would this be better for the pipe laid below the floor?

What are your thoughts?

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back