Help with Puma combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a puma 80e and all of a sudden it is increasing in pressure with heating on to 3 bar,this activates the pressure relief valve and obviously I lose a lot of sytem pressure. I have been topping up back to 1.5 bar but over night with the boiler off I have lost a lot more from the system and it has gone through the prv. This means now not only can I not use the ch but can no longer get hw as the increase in pressure on demand pushes out the water through the pvr. Are there 2 problems and is it worth tackling one before the other? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do a search. plenty will be found on this topic on these pages

either the expansion vessel on the back of the boiler is flat or the flexible tube going to it is blocked, or both. pressure relief valves tend not to reseal themselves when used.
the expansion vessel should be pumped to about 1/2 bar using a car tyre pump on the schraeder valve. when checking this open the prv. the tubes are a bit awkward to clear as theres a very tight bend where it enters the manifold. you can clean the prv but its not recommended, best to replace. hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back