Help with replacement 'Selecta' shower door please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I own a cleaning company, and last week one of my team was cleaning a sliding shower door and it literally disintegrated in front of her, showering her in shards of glass. I saw it happen and she didn't drop it, it just shattered as she wiped it.

Regardless, because it happened whilst we were cleaning it, it's up to my firm to fix the issue. The only problem is that the cubicle is made by 'Selecta' and from what I can see on the net, they are no longer in business and the doors are obsolete. The client said the shower was installed when the house was built in 2007.

My employee's fella is a builder and he's tried to source a replacement door, but to no avail. He has been to measure up for a replacement cubicle and has come back with a quote of around £400-£500 as it's a 1200 size?

He's a sound fella but that seems really expensive to me? He said it's because he has to chop the old cubicle out to save the existing tiles, but £400-£500? I've got one of those funky steam shower cabins at home and that only cost me £500 fitted!

I do have insurance (the excess is £250) but I just wondered if anyone on here knows of a way to get hold of a replacement door at all? It's the sliding one that has broken - the fixed one is fine. I can obtain more measurements when I next see the client on Wednesday if it will help? I don't mind going through the insurance if I have to, but the client is keen to get it done asap as they obviously can't use the shower at present.

Any help or advice most welcomed, but please be nice - I'm just your average dippy female, lol!

Also, I'm in Derby if anyone can help quote a better price etc?

Thanks for reading :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back