new shower options and help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my Mother wants me to fit her a shower cubicle and new shower, I am ex-building services so qualified for electrics and had some plumbing training.

The problem is she doesn't want to alter much, she more or less wants me to pull the bath out (they have a very small bathroom) as they do not have baths much and fit a cubicle at the end where the bath taps were, but there is a window there, so to me it seems I need a cubicle with at least 3 sides, one to face the window side, one face on which you enter through, and one side which would be adjacent to the sink. Most of the ones I looked at have 2 sides only ie to fit in a corner. Now she has seen one where there were 4 sides, looks like a Doctor Who Tardis to me but she liked it and it is just a stand alone thing.

What are these called I am having trouble finding them on the net?

Also I assume you fit the shower on the back of the cubicle which is like a white panel, is this correct?

She has a combi boiler so I assume the only options are an electric shower (Triton type thing) or a mixer valve fed using the combi boiler water, is that it or is there another option as she complains about the existing 9.5kW shower she has now not having enough pressure?

You can't fit one of these pumps to boost the pressure with a combi can you? How could you boost the pressure, is there a way?

Any help really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi. Is this the kind of thing you mean?

http://www.worldofbaths.co.uk/wobitem/207

If you use a straight mixer valve working off your combi then you can't use a pump. You are already getting mains pressure through the combi. Just tee into your hot and cold pipes and pressure should be adequate enough.

Hi. Is this the kind of thing you mean?

http://www.worldofbaths.co.uk/wobitem/207

If you use a straight mixer valve working off your combi then you can't use a pump. You are already getting mains pressure through the combi. Just tee into your hot and cold pipes and pressure should be adequate enough.

Yes that looks something like it but this one seems to be one of those expensive tower showers whereas what we are after is a fairly basic cubicle.

So are you saying there is no way to increase the pressure or are you saying that combi pressure (at mains pressure) will be far better than an electric shower even if for example we fitted a 10.5kW electric one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back