Therostatic Mixer Shower has low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a thermostatic mixer shower fitted in my shower cubicle but the pressure isn't satisfactory. I'd like to increase it but don't know how. I don't want to replace it and the cubicle is new. Can I boost the pressure? I have a cold water supply to the shower coming from above ceiling (I guess a storage tank in loft) and the hot water seems to come from below floor (ie from HW cistern in airing cupboard). The boiler is downstairs but looks like it only has 22mm in and out?? I'd appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
There are two ways to boost pressure: booster pump or raising the height of the cistern. Which is low pressure, the hot or the cold or both?

Thanks Peter...the hot has the low pressure. What is the best pump to fit if I choose this method?

Have you checked the mixer is not scaled up? this is common and occurs on the hotside more than the cold.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back