Sliding shower door leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mum has moved into a lovely retirement flat but there is a problem with the shower cubicle.

Water streams through between the sliding door at the bottom (noticed this as I was spraying down the cubicle from the inside - didn’t seem to happen while I was showering). There doesn’t seem to be water come from the fixed panel - just the sliding door.

What do I need to do to stop this please (apart from not spraying the door from the inside )?

photos and a wee video at the link below
https://share.icloud.com/photos/07cG3i4WdFR3D_7OSDmyOeRUw

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Looks like there a deflector or inner seal missing. Usually these doors have a deflector panel at the bottom of the door inside that directs the water away from the lower section or a seal that stop the water running down the gap.

Thanks for replying - can you please point me in the direction of what I need?

Unfortunately it's not as simple as that, wish it was.

Without knowing the manufacturer it would be really hard to retrofit something for that model, especially a type who's door runs on the outside of the enclosure. Most these days run inside.

Sponsored Links
Bummer - so am I looking for a whole new shower cubicle front screeen?

Not necessarily, are there any makers names on it anywhere? have a good look about. If you can get a name then there's a chance that the needed bits can be sourced. There are sometime tabs or makers names stamped or labeled in places like handles, runners, corners of the frame etc.

If you can't find any markings then the only option may be a new enclosure. It may also be worth getting a professional that experienced in shower fitting that may be able to look at it and spot what's wrong. What they may be able to do about it though, if there isn't any makers markings, may be little.

I’ll have a proper look at it on Sunday and see if I can find any markings. Thanks for your guidance

Not necessarily, are there any makers names on it anywhere? have a good look about. If you can get a name then there's a chance that the needed bits can be sourced. There are sometime tabs or makers names stamped or labeled in places like handles, runners, corners of the frame etc.

If you can't find any markings then the only option may be a new enclosure. It may also be worth getting a professional that experienced in shower fitting that may be able to look at it and spot what's wrong. What they may be able to do about it though, if there isn't any makers markings, may be little.

I found a leaflet in a cupboard for the side panel. Looking at Lakes website, I think this is the sliding door. Will try contacting them - unless you have any more advice? https://lakesshoweringspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/V1-Sliding-Door.pdf

Will try contacting them - unless you have any more advice?

Erm yup ... get an installer in and get them to take the screen out, turn it around and refit it.

If that is the MI for that screen, which it look like it is, the screen's been put in back to front. The sliding door should be hung and run on the inside of the frame (Pic D), not on the outside. No wonder it's leaking.

Lakes have just phoned me back to confirm exactly what you’ve said! The poor man before Mum must have been mopping his floor for years!

Im off to find someone to turn it around.

Thanks so much for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back