Help with self levelling screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there

I am currently doing up my house that I've bought and am in the process of putting laminate floor down in kitchen, hall and pantry. The laminate I am putting down is a slate effect tile loc which has 4 'slate' tiles per piece. In my pantry I have a bit of a problem. As it is an 200 year old cottage the floor is not quite level! In fact the difference in level is 1-2 inches in one corner. I had the idea of putting down self levelling screed, then the underlay and laminate. The house had a damp problem when I bought it so I had to put down tanking membrane on the floor to stop the water and damp coming in. I suppose my main queries are if anyone can help me:

1) Will self levelling screed do the job I want it to despite the 1-2 inch difference in level
2) If so, will it key to the tanking membrane or do I need to use some sort of adhesive
3) Where do people recommend is the best place to get hold of self levelling scree

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back