Help with simple problem that I cannot resolve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, firstly, many thanks for even taking the time to read.

I am looking for a product which I cannot find anywhere. It is a flexible tap connector. At the top it has a screwable 12mm connection which fits in the bottom of the tap, then the flexible pipe, ending with a swivel nut with a rubber washer inside which would plug directly onto an 15mm isolation valve end. I know this product exists as I have seen pictures, here is one:
(which may not be the right size, but it demonstrates what I am referring to)

I bought the tap in wickes and I do not want to use any compression fittings or involve any part of copper in the connection, i.e. from the tap bottom to the isolation valve (water supply) directly.

Can anyone please tell me where I can buy this product? Or what alternatives (without using copper at all) do I have?

the places I have tried, where I could NOT find the product are:
Wickes
Grahams
Plumbase
HPS
Screwfix
Plumb Centre

Many thanks,

Leo

Sponsored Links
I do not want to use any compression fittings or involve any part of copper in the connection, i.e. from the tap bottom to the isolation valve (water supply) directly.

(without using copper at all)
I am looking for a product which I cannot find anywhere. It is a flexible tap connector.

don't really make any sense
how do you plan on connecting the nut to the mains supply then ?
you say your looking for a flxible tap connector as in the pic. anywhere does them.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
If you look at the picture, the bottom part (i.e. not the 12mm tap connector), is a nut which turns freely, and has a rubber washer inside. That end can connect directly onto an isolation valve (i.e. my water supply) when the olive and nut has been removed from it.

You will find that most places sell flexible tap connectors not like this one, but ending with a compression fitting at the end where the swivel nut is. I cannot find the product in the picture anywhere.

Thanks,

Leo

Hi, thanks for the reply.
If you look at the picture, the bottom part (i.e. not the 12mm tap connector), is a nut which turns freely, and has a rubber washer inside. That end can connect directly onto an isolation valve (i.e. my water supply) when the olive and nut has been removed from it.

right got you.
You will find that most places sell flexible tap connectors not like this one, but ending with a compression fitting at the end where the swivel nut is. I cannot find the product in the picture anywhere.

Thanks,

Leo

so your looking for one exact the same as your pic ? ;)

Sponsored Links
Thats hard to say, because I cannot be sure of the dimensions of the one in the picture, but in terms of fittings, yes, one exactly like that. I need 12mm at the tap end, and then a nut which would fit on to a 15mm iso valve.

yes i get you they are quite common and i've just found a few on the net but can't think what merchants i got mine from unless i can find a invoice. ;)

If you get one don't forget to rub a file over the edge of the iso valve as some of them have a sharp edge that will cut into the washer if you over tighten it.

if you found anyone even online that sells them can you please share the link? Thanks.

brilliant. Can you please confirm if "Standard 1/2" BSP threaded connection" will connect directly onto my isolation valve for a 15mm pipe?

Is there a particular reason why you don't want to use any copper or compression fittings for this task? Going down the conventional route is often the best way for several reasons...

Mathew

Then this is it. EXCELLENT. Thanks you very much man. Why the hell doesnt anybody sell this? None of the shops I listed has it, how strange. I hope is not an indication that the connection is not recommended.

You've been really helpful sir. Thanks again.

Leo

I've got a couple spare in Shoreham - came with tap but I am using Speedfit.

EDIT: If you want to drop by, you are welcome to them.

Matthew, the tap originally came with copper tails. I connected compression valves on to them and the other end to the iso valves. The compression fitting connecting to the copper tails both leaked as they are in a very awkward position and my inexperience caused me to not be able to put them correctly. For me it is either a) plumber or b) not compression fittings. I do not possess the skill so it seems. Also, the tap I replaced was connected in the way I am trying to connect it now, so I wanted to maintain the same method which apparentlyl worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back