Help with Vaillant Thermocompact VU GB 142/1 E boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having a problem with this boiler. Its the Vaillant Thermocompact VU GB 142/1 E model. The water pressure guage reads 0. I've bled the radiators and they are fine. I cant find anything that looks like it would refill the boiler. My family are freezing and our landlord is out of the country. The boiler comes on but only stays on for about 10 seconds then switches back off. I've checked what I can online for a manual and it says the egg timer looking light which flashes indicates a water pressure problem. Can anyone tell me how to fill the boiler? Ive followed the pipework and cant find anything that looks like a valve for filling it.

I'd be very grateful for any help. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Did you bleed the rads first? Doing that causes more problems as you ALWAYS have to repressurise afterwards.

Look at the FAQ for filling loop to see what it looks like. They can be under work surfaces, behind washing machines or even in one case I encountered under the floor!

Tony

Thanks for replying so quickly. Ive checked under the boiler and no sign of one there. I'll start searching everywhere and see what I can find.

Sponsored Links
Have searched everywhere and cant find a pipe that looks like that in the FAQ. Have followed the pipework right through the house and just cant find them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back