Vaillant ThermoCompact won't start after system refil

Sponsored Links
Sounds riduclous but when you drained the system did you turn anyt isolating valves off under the boiler including the gas valve, and forgot to turn them back on?

Hi Dave - Was something I checked as soon as we ran into problems. All valves are open

cheers
Ray

Does anyone have the installation guide for this model in electronic format Vaillant Thermocompact VU GB 282/1 E - would be most useful - tks Ray

Sponsored Links
ThermoCOMPACT does not need any pressurisation to work. It can be open vent.

However, I think there is a differential pressure switch on the pump circuit that can get stuck, but can't remember the detail.

Simon, the diff pressure switch appears to function (see previous pic).

However the fact that the on/off indicator light startes flashing is odd. I didin't think this boiler had any diagnostics built in.

There's something I have in the back of my mind about the function of the diff pressure switch during a call to Vaillant service. It does two things and I remember we had a Vaillant with a seemingly irrational fault which boiled down to the operation of this switch.

I have now read your post, Gasguru, (sorry I missed it) and I wish my memory was better about the operation of it from my discussion with Vaillant tech! Suggest the OP gives them a call.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back