Help with Vaillant TURBOmax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please excuse my vagueness, I'm a bit of a newbie with central heating.

We have a Vaillant TURBOmax VUW combi boiler mounted on the wall in the kitchen. Under our kitchen sink there is a feed off the cold tap with an in-line valve (the type you turn on and off with a screw driver) going to the boiler.

Yesterday I got it confused with the valve which supplies our outside tap in the garden (also with an in-line valve operated by a screwdriver) and so turned on the supply to the boiler for about 5 minutes (yes pretty stupid, I know).

After that a load of hot water started to come out of a pipe which comes out through the wall into our garden so I'm guessing I must have put too much water in or something and so I've triggered some sort of safety thing to dump the excess.

Fair enough, I thought, and so left it. Yesterday evening I noticed that the pressure was very low on the meter on the boiler (less than 0.5 bar) so do figured it might have dumped all of it's water as a safety feature. I turned the cold water feed on again under the sink until the pressure read 1.5 bar and the system appeared to be ok.

However, this morning I was woken up with the central heating coming on and funny sounds (like water flowing) coming from all the radiators (guess I've got air into them also some how, never made this noise before this morning). The rpessure reading is back down to 0 and it looks possibly like mroe water has come out of the pipe outside.

Can anyone explain what that cold water feed to the boiler is for, what it means when there's hot water coming out of the pipe outside and how I can fix this problem as I'm a little worried to say the least! =)

Thanks in advance

Richard

Sponsored Links
your right you have overpressured the boiler and triggered the pressuse relief valve which has now prob got a bit of crud (tech term) under the seat
if your lucky you can dismantle it and clean it if not renew it

ah..... damn!

As I said I'm not massively skilled when it comes to plumbing..... how much would this job cost to get someone in to have a look at it? And anyone know of any reputable people in Milton Keynes? =)

Cheers

Rich

Goodness me no. EVERYBODY in Milton Keynes is disreputable.

The valve rrp is £30 inc vat. Labour would be just the starting price I should think, £30 upwards.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back