Help with Vaillant VRT350 programmer/thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help.

I had a Vaillant ecotec plus 837 fitted along with a VRT350 programmer a week ago. All works great but i have a question.

What i am trying to do is the following, is this possible?

1. I have the timer on twice a day for 1 hour at certain times. I have the temperature set to 20'C. I want the timer to turn on the central heating and then switch it off again at the set time whether it hits 20'C or not. Is this possible? At the moment the heating turns on then stays on until it hits the temperature set which is 20'C. Am i able to programme this to turn off at the given time rather then carrying on trying to hit the set temperature?

The programmer is in my hall way which is always coldish compared to the rest of the house.

I can set the thermostat lower but i find after one hour the house is very comfortable. I just want it to switch on then off after one hour. Another problem is sometimes the temperature is 13'C on the thermostat and sometimes 15'C so i cant really set the temperature as the central heating may be on for ages or at other times it does not turn on.

If this programmer can not do what i want, which thermostat/programmer do you recommend that can do this?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I'm only going by the manual but it seems that outside of the period of one hour that you have set (eg using period 1 set to 20C) the target temperature at the end of this period will revert to the setting programmed for the night-time temperature.

If this night temperature has already been set to a low value the heating should go off at that point. Someone with actual experience of the unit may correct me on this.

Diagram on page 20 of operating instructions...

http://www.directheatingsupplies.co.uk/pdfs/VRT350 Instructions.pdf

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked my programmer and yes I can have two desired temperatures.

It gives me two options. Day and night set back. I have now set the day one to 20'C and the night set back to 5'C. I will give this a go tonight to see if it switches off when the timer completes. Before I had both set to 20'C.

Fingers crossed.

Something I forgot to ask. I have four modes available. Auto, comfort, summer and setback. Which of these modes should I use? I know not to use summer. Is it auto, comfort or setback?

Sponsored Links
It looks like the timed heating programmes, which you are using, will only work in Auto mode.

I'm not going to try and guess exactly what the other modes do. :)

Jackthom really appreciate your help. What you said worked. All I had to do was set the second temperature lower.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back