Help with wiring hive receiver

I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly, but from your first photos, this is what I understand that you have now.

Now.jpg

If so, then I would remove the existing thermostat and connect the Hive using either a single 4 core cable (or two 2 core cables) from the boiler isolator as follows:

With Hive.jpg

The Hive doesn't need an earth, but a terminal is provided to anchor the earth wire and keep it out of the way if required.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly, but from your first photos, this is what I understand that you have now.

View attachment 117270

If so, then I would remove the existing thermostat and connect the Hive using either a single 4 core cable (or two 2 core cables) from the boiler isolator as follows:

View attachment 117271
What i meant was i run the boiler wires to the hive backplate and then where does the power come from to the hive, i run a piece of 3 core from the fused spur to the backplate in the terminals the boiler wires used to be in before i removed them. Hope that helps

I think that's OK (Sorry still not totally clear) but if your wiring ends up with each wire connected to the terminals as I've shown, and as below with the boiler Live and Neutral running through the dual pole isolator, that will be fine.

Neutral fed via FCU = Hive Permanent neutral terminal & Boiler neutral

Live fed via FCU= Hive permanent live terminal & Boiler live terminal

The white wire from boiler terminal 3 = Hive terminal 1

The black wire from boiler terminal 4 = Hive terminal 3

Sponsored Links
If this is what you meant, then that's OK. I've omitted earths for clarity and the cable sheaths should of course extend inside the enclosure.

The two switching wires do not need to be switched via the isolator, so can be left directly connected as they are now with terminal blocks. This is because their power comes via the boiler, so when the boiler L & N supply is isolated there won't be any power on the switching wires either.

Attachments

• Drawing1 Model (1).jpg
    Drawing1 Model (1).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 143

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back