Help with work top

you should have asked a carpenter they have craft skills this is just bread and butter to one with an ounce of skill ,kitchen fitters do lego kits and a have great depth of product knowlege but don't have craft skills but sometimes delude themselves that they do and that's when the problem's start.

I'm sure you're right and that it could have been done by a skilled carpenter. In fact the job I did was pretty good but just not perfect. Then by the time I had cut into two work tops it would have been throwing more money away to have hired someone at that stage. The reason I tried to DIY everything was just to do it as cheaply as possible because I'm just a tenant in a flat so wanted to keep it as low cost as possible. This has not worked out.

I really admire the work of skilled carpenters and if I had my own home I would have a beautiful kitchen made for me!

Sponsored Links
Were all on a big learning curve.Even the pro's,it just never end's hard lessons eh.

That's so true but I keep on learning. I'm not used to ever giving up and this time I've had to. And I've got a home like a workshop and three big solid wood work tops to store - for another project?!- one original work top and the two new ones I bought and wasted.

You're right it just never ends but sometimes I feel I've absolutely had enough and this was one of those times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back