Help! Yale alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I have a Yale alarm and it asked me for a p-code I didn’t know what that was so kept entering digits until it went away however now I seem to be locked out of the alarm and can’t set it or activate it.

Also I have left home for the night and I thought if I switched off the power supply then it would run out of battery and reset but now I’m worried that the alarm may go off instead (alarm is deactivated at present)

So my question is what is p-code and how do I unlock the control panel and will the alarm sound when the control battery runs out?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
What model is it?

What do the instructions say?

How old is it?

Well this is the problem it was installed by an electrician and I can’t get hold of him and he took the manuals away and I have no idea of the model number or what the instructions say. My main worry is if it sets off the siren. It is a wireless Yale alarm but I know that won’t help it was installed as new 1 year ago I will see if I can find a picture of the control box and if I can work out the model number

Sponsored Links
this one?

https://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk...range/ef-series-telecommunicating-alarm-kit/#

or one of the others?

https://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/products/smart-living/

The instructions are on "downloads" but I can't help until I know your model. I would normally ask for a Programming code during installation, or if you try to change something. The "exit" button (curly arrow) usually takes you back to the start.

Some models do not have a Programming code, just a user PIN code. If not changed, the default is 0000.

On the ones I've used, if you remove mains power, the standby battery lasts about 6 hours, then the control panel bleeps constantly, then it goes dead.

If you have a telecommunicating alarm, and it goes off, and you have put your mobile as the first contact, you can Acknowledge the alarm, and probably disarm or silence the siren, using the buttons on your phone. There should be wallet-sized cards with the commands on it, or you can copy them from the instruction book.

Last edited:
I tried the curly button and it just beeped angrily at me and nothing changed on the screen, the top 4 buttons around the screen beep angrily and the keypad below is dead now

these are the instructions

https://www.yale.co.uk/Yale/Yale_co_uk/Alarms/EF-Series Alarm/EF-Series Alarms User Manual EF-KIT2.pdf

Try "Troubleshooting" page 24

View the Fault Log.

I haven't used that model. I didn't see the problem you described when I viewed them.

If all else fails you can do a Factory Reset and set your own codes and learn in all the devices again. It might take you an hour or two. Try Partial Reset (page 25) first as it is easier.

p.s.
I think it has probably locked you out following repeated incorrect keys pressed. It may have gone to normal "Alarm On" setting as well. But your usual PIN should unset it. See page 25

Page 25 also says

Consumer Support Helpline

Should you have any questions or experience a problem
with your Telecommunicating Alarm Kit, please contact our
Consumer Support Helpline.

Tel: 01902 364606
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm

Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Cheers I appreciate your help and thank you for your time with this

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back