Yale Alarm Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved house and the new property is fitted with an old yale 2000/2500 alarm system. unfortunately the previous owner did not tell us their user code and now after a local power cut we are getting a fault and low battery alarm on the control unit, I cannot open the box up for fear of a tamper alarm going off so any suggestions? I cannot call Yale until tomorrow and their website says they do not support this model anymore as it is so old.
Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
unplug it and let the battery die right down.

I don't know that model, but Yale alarms usually bleep at the control panel when it is running down. The siren may sound for a short time, but once all the batteries are flat it won't start again.

You can try user code 1234 which was the factory default.

If you can lay your hands on an instruction booklet for that model, it will probably have a "factory reset" procedure which allows you to set up your own PIN. "Reset" is described in section 5.7

However it is very old now so I think that unless you can get it going, you may as well treat it as scrap.

I have an instruction manual. PM me with your email address. You may have to send me a friend request first.

Many thanks John. I do have the manual but to reset it I still need to enter the old user code to stop the tamper alarm, Also the so called reset link on the circuit board is this a switch or something I need to plug in? as you can imagine I am a bit wary to start messing around if the alarm is going to start going off on a sunday eveining!

Sponsored Links
the reset is a jumper. You unplug it from the pins and plug it back in the other position.

I think you will just have to put up with the tamper alarm while you are working.

Unplug it and let the batteries run down before you start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back