Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just been looking on google and come across this site,

Great site by the way,

Anyways can anyone help me out :)

Just got a Yale 6400 alarm and everything's all set up and working,
Minus one problem!

The problem I'm having is when I try to call to from a phone to activate my alarm or deactive it,
I can't seem to get the alarm to pick up on the 2nd call so I can enter my pin
( tried for the best part of last night )

The alarm calls my mobile if the alarm is set off thow so I'm stuck ?

Sponsored Links
Is this where you call it and let it ring once then hang up and make a second call which the system should answer. ?

Some calls from mobiles provide ringing tone to the caller only after the called telephone has had its first ring. In which case if you wait for the first ringing tone then the system may have had two or more bursts of ringing so it will not be recognised as the primer call by the system.

Try ringing the phone from the mobile while in the house where you can hear the relationship between bell ringing and ring tone in the mobile phone.

Thanks for the reply.

We've been trying from a mobile sitting right next to the home phone that's connected to the alarm. And still no luck?
We haven't had a chance to try another from land line phone yet

Sponsored Links
make sure you hang up as soon as you hear a ring at your mobile end and then you will need to experiment with different timings till you find what suits your system. i have had systems that only work with a three second count and others that need 15 seconds. Every system is different depending on your home phone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back