helpful advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to have a gas stove fire installed,but have found two radiator pipes inside the old fire hearth.will I be able to have the fire fitted and just box the pipes behind plaster board.I can't seem to get any defo advice from mates.[/b]

Sponsored Links
have checked installation instructions,and they say no combustable material within 100mm,and clearance of 150mm on each side.The hearth can be opened to more than required, if I Plaster board it out these this will still be more.I just wanted to know if it would be ok to leave the pipes as they are without moving them.Looks like there was a gas back boiler in before.So theyve been there when there was heat near.

The old pipes may or may not be still live!

Are they capped off?

The gas fire installer could be asked to comment!

Tony

Sponsored Links
They are still live,hoping to keep costs down.So didnt want to get him round until all is ready for him and so prevent the shaking of heads and sucking of teeth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back