Help/advice regards gas fire installation (esp. with K11 tanking system used)

To be honest i think if we were going to have one, i would want a new liner anyway.
I guess nobody can know anything about a previous liner installed as nobody had anything to do with it (not any of us anyway).

And also i would expect a company to use a new one regardless as they surely wouldn't be able to guarantee a liner installed by any company other than themselves?

Absolutely correct. But, depending on the conditions previously outlined, and obviously making good thay area Ree pointed out, you may not need a liner. As a plan, and if there is any chance of a gas fire in the future, you may wish to consider having someone check out the position, when you have the existing set up removed. That way, you will know your options for the future. Hire a gasman dealing with gas fire installations. Have him remove the old kit, do flue smoke teste and inspect. Also consider the gas supply. If, say, it is lead, you may wish to have a rerun done. Or it may terminate in a position which will be imposibble to access later. Tell him upfront you are not planning to do it now, but you will pay for the disconnect and survey. (Some retailers may refuse, if there is no fire order. I would always do it, as it puts me in the frame for the eventual sale and work. But that's me) It will be a lot less hassle than when you have had the other work done, decorated and carpeted. For all you know, the chimney has been cut back and is beyond economical use. If there are no great issues, then have your initial work one in such a way that allows a relatively pain free installation later

Sponsored Links
It was mentioned about the radiators.

As said, our living room is 7mtr-x-3.5mtr-x-2.5mtr(high)

Our main radiator in there is a single panel convector rad with a smaller double panel convector in the far corner.

Are our radiators odd job sizes though? Because i looked on the Wickes website & there's nothing for the sizes we have.

I measured the top of the radiator from one end to the other.
The main one was 1750mm long
The smaller one 950mm long.

Looking on the Wickes website as i said there's nothing with those sizes. Looked on the B&Q website also & same problem.

Age I've no idea - they were in when we bought the house in 2013. How long they've been in is anyones guess.

Converting to inch gives you 68 & 57/64 off of 1750mm.

What would be done in this case? I imagine you'd somehow have to get an 1800mm to fit?

I do know that the piping coming up from the floor is flimsy 10mm.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back