Henley junction block for splittng incoming tails -location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know that the incoming pair of tails from the meter can be divided to supply two ( or more) consumer units. Is there any particular location where this block 'has' to be located.

I have this arrangement in my house, it was installed about five or six years ago, shortly after i moved in after an extra CU was installed.

My house has a suspended wooden/chipboard floor with a crawl space underneath it. ( ) Basically the entire underfloor area of the house is accessable, great for routing electrical power, audio-visual and telecom cables, as well as plumbing pipes, etc.

The incoming tails are split below the floor with the henley block secured to a joist.
please advise on this.

also when I first ventured under the floors I noticed that the main earth bonding conductors had been bared at the ends and just basically twisted together in a kind of loose knot. It was probably perfectly functional but i didn't like the look of it, it thought it just looked gash and un-proffessional so i killed the power and reconected using a proper Earthing block, again secured to a joist.
Please advise.

Basically although not in plain view both of these connector blocks are readily available for testing and inspection just as long as the tester/inspector doesn't mind going down the hatch and getting a bit dusty.
please advise.

would a couple of pictures help.
Henley%20block%20and%20Earths%20all%20finished.JPG

Fishtank%20UF%20Support%201.JPG

( the 'pit props' where installed to re-inforce the floor under a large and heavy Aquarium that i once had. ) [/url]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Main Earth Terminal

It is supposed to have a durable label attached saying "Safety electrical earth - do not remove". cheapest way to get one is to buy a pipe bonding clamp for 50p or whatever which includes a metal "flag" label and throw away the clamp.

It is much more usual, and I am sure preferable, to have these things adjacent to the meter and CU. No doubt soneone will one day glue down laminate flooring or fitted carpet and the items will become inaccessible.

as they are not in plain view they may as well be inaccessible since other people will not know where to look.

Also as they are not in plain view you would not be aware if a wire came loose and fell out, or started to overheat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back