HENRY Hoover stopped working....

Thanks sueonmull, I took a look at the brushes, they're not very worn and seem to be functioning fine. I ran the motor whilst I could see them, they're arcing a little but assume that's normal due to the gaps in the commutator? Henry is now running better, the odd power drop but nothing like as frequently as before. I wonder if one of the springs in the brushes was/is sticking.

Sponsored Links
It's all beyond me now I'm afraid but hope you manage to sort it.

you could bypass the pcb to eliminate that entirely, that then leaves very little to check if the problem persists.
guessing the obvious has been checked i.e good suction, hose for blockages, new dust bag fitted (empty). its possible theres a break in the wiring in the lead, also check good contacts in the plug if its not a moulded type.

hello. i have signed up just to thank you all for enabling me to repair hetty hoover :D
i too had to bypass the pcb board. i am a luthier by trade.. fine with wood but fairly rubbish at electrical stuff. but having taken hetty to pieces and fixed her, they are really easy vacuum cleaners to repair and i feel confident that i can fix any other issues that may arise. thank you for the info and pics/links here that enabled me to fix hetty :)

Sponsored Links
I bought the cordless Henry and it’s stopped working. All it does is the battery indicator light flashes white , can anyone help? What can I do ?? Thanks

Thankyou all..... really helpful info & I managed to fix my poorly Hetty by following the advice & videos & removing the hi/low switch.
Much appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back