Henry Kissinger

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

Great Henry Kissinger interview in The Spectator. HK is 99 years old, and is possibly the wisest and most experienced politician alive. The first part is about Ukraine (zzzzzzzzz) but it's the rest of the interview that is the most interesting; HK talks about his career and the great leaders he has known, and what it takes to be such a leader.

Asked if there are any great leaders today, he says....

"All the pressures of modern political activity are so consuming that the long-range thinking and lived sense of history – that for Churchill was second nature – is almost impossible to arise. I can’t cite a current example of a western leader who embodies it. That is a great danger, because it means that any demagogue who can exploit immediate resentments can achieve a disproportionate influence. It is the biggest problem for the future of democracy. Great leaders have to understand their society and believe in it. But they also have to be able to transcend it, to point society from where it is to where it has never been".

Sponsored Links
Whenever i see him i can't help but think of Peter Sellers in Dr. Strangelove.
He somehow managed to avoid most of the sh!t stirred up by Nixon. Crafty. :sneaky:

At 99 years old, Henry is looking like a candidate for the Notable obituaries thread.

Sponsored Links
Back