hep20 and polyplumb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are the fittings and pipe interchangable?Having run some polyplumb i needed some 22-15 red but merchants only had hep20 , the guy who served said he was sure they would fit.I'm unsure and having asked him if he was going to come out and help repair any leaks he was suddenly not so sure too.Waited for the polyplumb.

Sponsored Links
Yes, they do fit. Downside is, if you ever have a leak, each will blame the other.
I used hep for a couple of years and then suddenly had several broken grip rings and clients tend to be very NOT sympathetic when that happens.
Changed to polyplumb, which is not as easy to work with, but the grippers are fully metal, which I personally find a bit more reassuring.
The 50 year warrantee that is prominently displayed on the packaging sits very well with the customers.
The probs I had with hep could have been a fluke, or it could have been me doing something wrong. Don’t know what though as I always use a bit of lube, and always put inserts in.

As far as i know you can mix and match but i dont know about the guarantee if you do, got to remember to use the pipe liners or you will have lots of leaks!! int' not something i use often as it does not look very nice and saggs when it gets hot, if your using it for central heating make sure it is barrier pipe, think the polyplumb is white with a foil barrier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back