Speedfit Vs Hep20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

im going to be replacing domestic hot and cold water plumbing in my pre 1900 maisonette shortly, it has at present 15mm copper everywhere in quite poor condition buried in concrete in various places and in plaster and im pretty sure its leaking underfloor somewhere.

So the plan is to replace everything from the stopcock onwards with either HEP20 or Speedfit, having been to a merchants to have a look at both, it seems that the HEP20 seemed of better quality on visual inspection.

What im asking here is the opinions and experiences of people that use these systems on a day to day basis before i commit to one or the other.

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Speedfit for me.
Easier to fit joints and you can undo them quickly with the collar, whereas, with Hep you have to dismantle fitting if you make a mistake.
Don't forget to buy all the inserts/ferrells required.

Hth

Hep pipe is more flexible than speedfit, but I too would always opt for speedfit for ease of use.

Speedfit for me on copper and Hep2o plastic pipe, I use the hep2o metal inserts for everything, even going into compression (olive) fittings. Great stuff and time saving, make sure you get some silicon lube with it to lube the end going into the fitting, this will prevent the rubbers getting chewed up.
If you use these fittings on copper make sure the end of the pipe is de- burred or cut with a rotary pipe slice (Kopex/Rothenberger)

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hep2o is more reliable in my experience and more durable.

I use plastic if customers are on a budget.......fit plastic out of sight and tail up in copper....always used speedfit but have to say the extra flexibilty of hep is an advantage where i use it ie under floorboards etc. BUT.....JG Guest now do a flexible grey so i used this last install and hey......it's just as good a hep......horses for courses and personal choice i guess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back