Hep20 modular chipboard ufh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody here fitted one of these systems, and if so, is it as much a massive pain in the a**e as it looks.

We have a job where the client wants to use it. I've watched the instructional video on YouTube

http://youtu.be/6Z_Zder-KCw

But it always looks easy with a nice square room and no site parameters. Any tips anyone?

Sponsored Links
Not fitted one but my understanding is that you can't just buy them off the shelf, Wavin design the modular system off drawings supplied by the client.

It comes like a big jigsaw puzzle with some blank boards for under units / baths etc, I do know a guy who has fitted a few and likes them, as long as the room size or layout hasn't changed from quote to delivery should be pretty straight forward.

Connections via 10mm hep2o couplers

Thanks Sandy. Yes you are right, Hep20 do design the whole system, I've already had the rep out and given them a floor plan and zoning requirements.

Reps and salesmen always make it sound easy though, I just wanted to know of anyone who has actually fitted it in real situation. Can't be too bad if your friend has used it more than once.

Sponsored Links
It's probably like anything new, it will take for ever to do first time while you check and triple check drawings and components but when you've done a couple it will be a breeze.

First UFH pipe and staples job I did I put pipe down took it up, re did it all sorts of silly mistakes, now it takes next to no time .

I quite like the look of the modular wood system, it acts as your flooring as well as providing heating so doesn't add any extra to the floor height unlike overlay systems.

Probably expensive and better suited to new build, but if adding height to an existing floor is an issue then this could be a useful option, remove existing wooden floor and replace with Modular Wood System.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back