Hepworth Fuelsaver 45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am a bit confused (took all of 10 seconds!).

I have been reading through the last 12 months posts on banging boilers and am now confused.

I have a Hepworth Fuelsaver 45, situated in the basement of a 3 story house (i.e 4 floors incl. basement), The pump is situated on the ground floor. The system is approx 15 yrs old. if the boiler is put onto timer operation, then it delivers an earth rocking banging orchestra at 6am as it fires up. The noise sounds like someone whacking each radiator in turn all the way up to top floor with a s*dding big hammer. Now i know you are wondering why I am confused. all the advice I can see on the posts says that I should flush the system and then apply inhibitor, bleed and restart. However when I put the timer on 24hr (i.e pump never switches off), the banging does not happen?????

This banging is accompanied by the boiler invariably (almost all the time) cutting out and I then have to press the little red reset button under the thermostat dial.

The clues are all there for the skilled to decipher, its got me though. Your help appreciated. regards. Simon

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your pump is on the way out and as the system first turns on and the water starts to boil and expand through the pipes its enough to give the pump impellor a kick into life or the built in pump over run stat on the boiler is stuck between contacts and not giving any power to pump first thing untill boiler hits pump over run temp.

Sponsored Links
OK, Thanks so far

The pump runs continuously when timer on 24hrs, it runs to time when on any other program. The pump is an Euramo Gold (Wilo????). so I have been looking at changing it for a Wilo Goldstar 15/60. Do you think this is a good choice. The pump height is 130mm and the thread diameter appears to be approx 2" in/out

Thanks for your help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back