Herringbone LVT - Setting out help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm just looking for advice. I have 5g click lock herringbone flooring, brand is polyflor. Below is a plan of my kitchen.

I'm struggling to work out where to start my run they say in general to start of the longest wall build triangles, then run off them.

My issue is my longest wall has a long chimney breast protruding into the wall and two doorways.

Phoned the manufacturer their solution is to create a centre line, then an x axis off this, build my floor out then slide it back into the door recesses and chimney breast and scribe it to them. Seems a bit tricky to me! Is there any other solutions anyone can think of?

4kOAVnu.jpg

Sponsored Links
Polyfloor's advice is the right way to lay it out, Herringbone is about as difficult design as you can get to lay out properly!

Polyfloor's advice is the right way to lay it out, Herringbone is about as difficult design as you can get to lay out properly!
Thanks, but my question is if you start from a central point how am I supposed to infill the door areas when you can't lay the flooring back ward's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back