Hettich hinge restrictor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we've a set of hettich hinges on our intergrated washing machine but the doors open too far and I've noticed they do door restrictors.

I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction as to what restrictors I'd need.

I've found a few different types

https://shop.hettich.com/uk_EN/-/Opening-angle-limiter/bp/variant2264873240532

Sensys_Oeffnungswinkelbegrenzer_Comp.jpg

The hinges have AA11 on the inside and 1522 29.1 on them.
IMG_20220305_132025.jpg
IMG_20220305_132016.jpg

Sponsored Links
That type of restrictor is for the Hettich Sensys style of hinges, like this one:

Hettich  Sensys Hinge.jpg

These are a specific type of hinge, most with a self-closing feature (hence the need for a stay). Your hinge is not a Sensys-type hinge, so probably isn't compatible.

Last edited by a moderator:
That type of restrictor is for the Hettich Sensys style of hinges, like thgis one:

View attachment 263119

These are a specific type of hinge, most with a self-closing feature (hence the need for a stay). Your hinge is not a Sensys-type hinge, so probably isn't compatible.
Oh so I wouldn't be able to restrict it? There's a few on the hettich site

Would that mean new hinges?
https://shop.hettich.com/uk_EN/Hing...t-9943,-Limitation-from-110°-to-85°/p/9088253

Yes. As I said, the clips are specific to the Sensys hinges. They may or may not work with other hinges - but probably not as hinge components tend to not be interchangeable between ranges

Sponsored Links
Yes. As I said, the clips are specific to the Sensys hinges. They may or may not work with other hinges - but probably not as hinge components tend to not be interchangeable between ranges
Any recommendations for new hinges? For an intergrated washing machine

I've also these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hafele-H...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hettich-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hettich-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Surely anything like this is designed to work with a specific hinge manufacturers compatible product? Hinge parts are generally not transferrable between manufacturers. Hinges come in a lot of different sizes and patterns - the only thing you can be certain of is that the 35mm holes in the door are in the same place relative to the edge of the door and that the two holes the mounting plate will go into in the carcase are 37mm in from the edge, 32mm apart vertically and 5mm in diameter.

So just buy a new pair of hinges, together with compatible clips from the same manufacturer and replace your existing hinges. Simples!

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely anything like this is designed to work with a specific hinge manufacturers compatible product? Hinge parts are generally not transferrable bgtween manufacturers. Hinges come in a lot of different sizes and patterns - the only thing you can be certain of is that the 35mm holes in the door are in the same place relative to the edge of the door and that the two holes the mounting plate will go into in the carcase are 37mm in from the edge, 32mm apart vertically and 5mm in diameter.

So just buy a new pair of hinges, together with compatible clips from the same manufacturer and replace your existing hinges. Simples!
Trouble is alot of the intergrated hinges all use the hettich one I've got.

What I was trying to get across is that rather than trying to find a clip which will work with an unknown Hetttich hinge you look through the Hettich Sensys range which incorporated the same sort of short throw arm. I've not looked through the range, so I don't know if there is one

Success I ordered these they didn't fit but I trimmed either side with a file and it now fits (y)

01822257_0-228x228.jpg

I have exactly the same hinges. I solved it in a much less aesthetic way. I cut these shapes out of a 3mm HDF sheet because I had it at hand. I put them under the hinges and it sticks without screwing or gluing.
hinge.png

I have exactly the same hinges. I solved it in a much less aesthetic way. I cut these shapes out of a 3mm HDF sheet because I had it at hand. I put them under the hinges and it sticks without screwing or gluing.View attachment 278430
Thanks for that my door has slowly gone back to opening fully so I might give this ago.

I have hinges that look the same, and clip '2' was the one that sorted it for me.

Had great fun working out how to fit it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back