Hey Amir I got in to England illegally it was worth it !!!!

Sponsored Links
JohnD, why do these people then complain about the lack of internet access first? before complaining about the food, complaining about the cold? What's more important to you? A roof over your head, food in your stomach, warm clothing or internet access ? If , as we're led to believe that there are thousands of IS fighters amongst these "refugees", then how do we know that their only using the internet to communicate with "family"?? If you were a member of IS coming to Europe, what would you need internet access for?

If , as we're led to believe that there are thousands of IS fighters amongst these "refugees", then how do we know that their only using the internet to communicate with "family"?? If you were a member of IS coming to Europe, what would you need internet access for?
I think you've lost it....somewhere along the line.
You said, "how do we know that they're not IS fighters....only using the internet to contact their family."
The you said, "If you were a member of IS ... what would you need internet access for?
You're contradicting yourself.

..why do these people then complain about the lack of internet access first? before complaining about the food, complaining about the cold?
Additionally, you're jumping to unfounded assumptions. You've no idea what the circumstances of these refugees are, or what they may have complained about.
So, please stop inventing silly assumptions to support your antagonistic prejudice.

Last edited:
Please explain why they leave their families behind.
Please don't assume that they're leaving behind younger, dependent members of their families. They could be Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, Sisters, Aunts, etc, etc.
The more distant relatives tend to be closer knit than in UK families, which is a familiar pattern across a lot of other cultures.

Sponsored Links
Are they not in possible danger from IS retaliation because one member of the family has 'deserted'?

What's "basic communication" anyway? I'd have thought "basic communication" would probably be a phone call. So why on earth do they need high speed wifi access to the bloody internet? I'm sure if you or I were a refugee, escaping such horrors, the last thing we'd be buying on our way to the west would be a bloody iPhone. Top of our needs would be food and warm clothing, not access to Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. You tell me I'm wrong Himmy.
Who said high speed wifi? Who said iPhones? Who said anything about Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp.
Only you, in your antagonistic prejudicial rage. Pure exaggeration.
I said internet and fax machine! Your bigotry is showing, alongside your imagination to support your bigotry.

Again, you have no idea of the situation or housing of these refugees. I was referring to refugees imprisoned without trial. Obviously they are housed, fed and kept warm.
Their next concern is communication with family and obtaining the necessary documentation to prove their origin and status, after finding out what's needed.

So, again, stop making silly claims and wild accusations. It only serves to highlight your bigotry and ignorance.

Are they not in possible danger from IS retaliation because one member of the family has 'deserted'?
They're in danger anyway. Another excuse for daesh mayhem and murder will not stop desperate people escaping.
If you were an older person, living under such dire circumstances would you ask your relatives to stay in case daesh take it personal?
Perhaps if the Cambodian people hadn't attended school and achieved qualifications etc, then Pol Pot might not have smashed babies heads against trees. :rolleyes:

Himmy, your obviously blind mate. Have a search on your braille internet. Feel your way around with your fingertips. Get your guide dog to relate to you the visions we see on the tv , on youtube etc. Look at these "refugees" Do they have Nokia bricks, which can only make calls and send texts? No,,, they have top of the range smartphones (including iPhones) These are the one's complaining about internet access. You say they come from "close knit" communities.. Obviously not that close knit or they'd still be there fighting for their extended family. Why is it young males complaining about the lack of internet access? Don't believe me? Have a google search for the subject, there's hundreds of videos out there,, after all the camera does not lie. (ooh forgot there, these videos are only made by people who hate the refugees "innit" ) If as you say they want to contact family back home.. What's the chance of internet access in a war torn country such as Syria? Do you honestly think the people left in Aleppo still have the internet? FFS open your eyes man. In all probability the one's with the smartphones are more likely to be "economic migrants" not refugees.

Look at these "refugees" Do they have Nokia bricks, which can only make calls and send texts? No,,, they have top of the range smartphones (including iPhones)
If there's so many examples, perhaps you could provide a few, or at least links to them.

You say they come from "close knit" communities.. Obviously not that close knit or they'd still be there fighting for their extended family.
Your bigotry and ignorance is showing again.
Often, a person or persons are selected by the family elders to make the perilous escape to possible freedom. It invariably depends on the resources of the family as to how many can escape. Sometimes the extended family will contribute to the selected persons cost of escape. Usually it the stronger more youthful of the family that are selected because of the dangers that will be faced.

Why is it young males complaining about the lack of internet access? Don't believe me? Have a google search for the subject, there's hundreds of videos out there,, after all the camera does not lie.
If there's so many examples, perhaps you could provide a few, or at least links to them.

(ooh forgot there, these videos are only made by people who hate the refugees "innit" )
Funny you should say that. We can go there if yu wish.

If as you say they want to contact family back home..
When you're enjoying your Spanish holiday, (except when you're being fleeced for some medical treatment) do you send back postcards? Why?

What's the chance of internet access in a war torn country such as Syria? Do you honestly think the people left in Aleppo still have the internet?
Again, you're distorting the facts. I mentioned internet access for researching the various refugee regulations, etc, for proving origin and/or status, etc.
And it's highly probable that without access to phones, fax machines and internet, you ain't gonna know if you can contact your family or not, or even if they're still alive or not. Don't forget how communities become closer in times of difficulty and often it's possible to get messages, or receive messages from distant relatives, friends etc.
So stop being such an ignorant bigot!

In the case of Syria, for example, many of the fleeing refugees are educated people used to living in the 21st century. They may be doing white-collar jobs, some of them may be plumbers.

How many people in white collar jobs, or plumbers, do you know that do not have mobile phones? How many people do you know that, fleeing from a place of danger, would not want to contact their friends and family?

Did you intend your post to be taken seriously?
jock can't cope with this reply.

In the case of Syria, for example, many of the fleeing refugees are educated people used to living in the 21st century. They may be doing white-collar jobs, some of them may be plumbers.

How many people in white collar jobs, or plumbers, do you know that do not have mobile phones? How many people do you know that, fleeing from a place of danger, would not want to contact their friends and family?

Did you intend your post to be taken seriously?
jock can't cope with this reply.

I don't think he's ready for your jelly...

Himmy, your obviously blind mate. Have a search on your braille internet. Feel your way around with your fingertips. Get your guide dog to relate to you the visions we see on the tv , on youtube etc. Look at these "refugees" Do they have Nokia bricks, which can only make calls and send texts? No,,, they have top of the range smartphones (including iPhones) These are the one's complaining about internet access. You say they come from "close knit" communities.. Obviously not that close knit or they'd still be there fighting for their extended family. Why is it young males complaining about the lack of internet access? Don't believe me? Have a google search for the subject, there's hundreds of videos out there,, after all the camera does not lie. (ooh forgot there, these videos are only made by people who hate the refugees "innit" ) If as you say they want to contact family back home.. What's the chance of internet access in a war torn country such as Syria? Do you honestly think the people left in Aleppo still have the internet? FFS open your eyes man. In all probability the one's with the smartphones are more likely to be "economic migrants" not refugees.
There's no point giving any links to Himmy. He'd still just think it's all made up as he's so blinkered.

I don't think he's ready for your jelly...

There's no point giving any links to Himmy. He'd still just think it's all made up as he's so blinkered.
Nothing like some good old fashioned, well presented arguments with supporting material to illustrate the point. :rolleyes:
All those comments illustrate is the inability of the authors to provide reasonable comments for discussion. After all, this is a "General Discussion" forum, not a "Make a Silly Comment" forum! Or have you not noticed the forum title? :rolleyes:

Next time you may as well post what hair-brained idiots you are. At least that's something on which we can agree.

More a case that some just can't be bothered with blinkered hair brained idiots like you.
You would not believe any supporting evidence anyway, you're too blinkered.....

Nothing like some good old fashioned, well presented arguments with supporting material to illustrate the point.

This being nothing like like some good old fashioned, well presented arguments with supporting material to illustrate the point

Sponsored Links
Back