Hey audio visual experts, I’m looking to get a new telly, can any of you offer any advice on these two TV's?

So why don't lg put a standard remote in the box as well?? Would probably cost them about 50p.

Sponsored Links
My sons both have 55" LGs, and they're happy with them.

Certainly when I've seen the picture, the quality looks decent enough to me.

On the way back from ordering my puny 42” TV, I was listening to 'show tunes' on Radio 2 with Elaine Paige and she played this song from the show 'Matilda'. No wonder I’m as thick as mince!

Sponsored Links
I ordered one there and then, getting it on Tuesday. £899 - the cheapest of the lot which sort of worries me but we'll see! If it goes down any cheaper on Black Friday, they'll refund the difference and it comes with a 6 year guarantee.
Well, it’s gone down by £50 today. Filled in the online refund form and I’ll let you know the outcome.

Well, it’s gone down by £50 today. Filled in the online refund form and I’ll let you know the outcome.
Wow! Fantastic service from Richer Sounds. Just had a phone call, they took my card number as they dint store card details and processed the repayment immediately. I’ll definitely buy from them again.

If they haven't gone bump, keep doling out cash :D :eek:
Well, they’ve been going for years so they are obviously doing something right.

Well, they’ve been going for years so they are obviously doing something right.

They're my go-to, when I buy AV (y).

Although I will admit, lay time I went into the Lichfield store (my local) for advice, I was underwhelmed by the knowledge of the guy there.

Usually, they're bang on.

They're my go-to, when I buy AV (y).

Although I will admit, lay time I went into the Lichfield store (my local) for advice, I was underwhelmed by the knowledge of the guy there.

Usually, they're bang on.
I've had a few free mugs from them!
And once, a long time ago, I was kept waiting for.an age - they gave me a free cassette for my troubles :)
I've always found them good to buy from

problem with going to places likes curry’s or JL is that you land up chatting to someone who is incentivised to a particular brand or they have just personal experience.

I used to be a fan of Sony, then switched to Samsung and now it’s LG for me all the way.

I got a C3 48” a few weeks back for the living room and am expecting delivery of the C3 77” next week (couldn’t afford the G3 and no way to truly mount it 100% flat to the wall)

I think a lot of this comes down to affordability but also consider the light in the room and how the panel will handle the lighting conditions.

My vote is LG but that’s for my own circumstances

Just an update on the TV. It's great! Remote control is fine - I found I could 'adjust' the aim of the remote to get the pointer spot on but really, it’s not needed. The price recently went up to £1,100 but has settled back down to £1,000 so £850 was a bargain. One thing I’ve not learned how to do (and I don’t even know if it’s possible) is to record one programme to a USB stick while watching another or even continue to record a programme to a USB when you switch the TV off. Can that be done? Any ideas?

There’s a few videos on YouTube that talk about how to do it …
Tried looking for them, no joy. If, say, I’m recording something and switch the telly off, the recording stops. If I’m watching something on one channel and recording it, when I switch to another channel, I get this message:

IMG_5935.jpeg

Looks like there’s no way to record one channel while watching something else. A bit pointless recording something you have to watch!

Tried this?

Step 1: Connect an external storage device to your LG Smart TV, such as a USB flash drive or an external hard drive. Make sure it is formatted correctly for your TV.
Step 2: Tune in to the channel you want to record.
Step 3: Press the “Record” button on your LG Smart TV remote. This will start the recording process.
Step 4: To switch to another channel while recording, simply press the “Input” or “Source” button on your remote and select the desired channel. The recording will continue in the background.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back