HF flourescent light not working, help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have some HF (quick start) fluorescent fittings in my garage and 2 sheds and a couple have failed after a few years use. They are the tough weatherproof type. I have changed the tubes but that has not made any difference so any ideas what is most likely to be wrong with them and what I should do, i.e if any internal part has failed should I be able to get the parts or am I just better getting a new fitting?

Do they have starters like other non-HF fluorescent fittings?

Is it easy to test the internal components, I have a multimeter, i.e. possibly I could make one good fitting out of 2 bad ones if they have different faults. they are all single 5ft fittings?

Anything else I should check, they are still like new to look at?

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you've checked the supply to the fittings is ok, and you've tried a known working tube, then you need a replacement HF ballast.

There's nothing you can test, and there's no other part in the fitting.

Cheers for the reply RF Lighting so should I change the ballast, i.e. are they cheap and easy to get hold of or is it not worth bothering and therefore means a new fitting?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back